Doncaster Rape & Sexual Abuse Counselling Service

Information for Parents

If you are caring for a child who has been sexually abused, you may be filled with a mixture of overwhelming feelings, worries and questions. These might include issues such as how your child will be affected, how you will cope, and even whether your life will ever seem normal again.

Your personal feelings may include shock, bewilderment, anger, guilt and repulsion just at a time when your child most needs your support, strength and love. If the abuser is a member of your family or close social circle, you may also have to cope with the effects this is having both emotionally and practically in your family life.

Support for Parents

As a parent or carer, we are able to provide you with a range of information and support. As well as offering therapy and CHISVA services for children and young people, we can provide you with information about what your child is experiencing and how you can support them. We are also able to offer you support to manage your own feelings and concerns, so that you are in a better position to help your child.

To find out more about our services and how they can help your child and your family, contact one of our counsellors on telephone number 01302 360421.

If you are worried that a child may be being abused this should be reported to Social Services on (01302 734100)

Being able to act out feelings either on paper or using models was very useful.

— Graham | Aged 24
Hide site