Getting Help and Support

Depending on what happened you may need to seek different types of help and support:

Take Action:

Decide whether you need to seek medical advice. This could include having sexual health tests or taking emergency contraception. If you need immediate medical attention, visit your doctor or the A&E department at the local hospital.

You may also have other issues affecting you such as access to emergency housing or organising benefits payments. Our ISVA service can support you to deal with these issues.

If you are having difficulty coping with the emotional impact of your experience, you could think about working with a counsellor.

If you aren’t sure where to go for help, you can also check our listings of local support organisations.