About Doncaster Rape & Sexual Abuse Counselling Service (DRASACS)
Doncaster Rape and Sexual Abuse Counselling Service (DRASACS) is an independent charity that has been helping victims of sexual violence since 1987. We are not part of the Police, NHS or any other public service.
Our aims are:
- To relieve the distress of people who have suffered from rape or sexual abuse, in particular by providing a counselling and advocacy service
- To relieve the distress of people supporting and/or caring for adults or children who have suffered from sexual violence
- To advance the education of the public and other professionals, by raising awareness of the issue of sexual assault.
We are a highly professional organisation and a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). We abide by the BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy. All our staff members are appropriately accredited and undertake continuous professional development.
DRASACS is a member of The Survivor's Trust, a national umbrella agency for over 130 specialist rape, sexual violence and childhood sexual abuse support organisations, and we have also achieved The Survivor's Trust Service Standards.
Some of our key policies and procedures are detailed below:
- DRASACS Safeguarding Policy
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Counselling Statement
- Equality and Diversity
- Data & Information Sharing Guidance
- Authorised Person - Consent Form
Our Trustee Report including annual accounts can be downloaded here.
We are very grateful to the organisations that provide DRASACS with financial support, enabling us to help people in Doncaster who have experienced rape or sexual abuse.
You can view details of these organisations on our Funders page
About Our Website
We hope that you find our website useful. We aim to make sure that all of the information on our website is as up to date and accurate as possible but if you have any queries or comments, please get in touch. Please note that the photos used on our website are for illustrative purposes only and any person depicted in the content is a model unless otherwise stated.
Charity Number: 1130947
Company Number: 6920524